Indonesia’s largest independent
Construction and Engineering
- Established in 1982.
- The company is established under name “Duta Graha Indah”
- Focused on high end villa & housing projects mainly in Jakarta and Java.
Entered infrastructure projects, developed regional operations
- Developed & executed a strategy to execute projects with longer business cycle, i.e. infrastructure projects.
- Secured projects in South Sumatera and Lampung, construction of a Stadium, Roads and Irrigation works.
Strengthened operation and Regional Expansion
- Expanded Regional operations to West Sumatra, Riau, West Nusa Tenggara, East Nusa Tenggara and South Sulawesi.
- Construction projects in these regions included roads, bridges, a large dam, Irrigation works, harbors, flood Control works, shore protection structures and river normalization projects.
Signature projects included:
- 204 km road project Gako-Ende–Paga-Detsuko-Maurile in East Nusa Tenggara. NKE obtained a superior reputation for quality and timely delivery, despite the challenge of construction on difficult terrain.
- Sermo Dam, the first large dam project to be built by a private construction company.
- Construction of the highest apartment building at the time (54 storeys) - Amartapura Apartments.
- Construction of the Jakarta Stock Exchange building, which to date remains one of the most prestigious buildings in the Sudirman Central Business District.
Economic Crisis and Consolidation
- Due to the economic crisis of the late nineties, the company consolidated its operations.
- Private Sector construction activities had collapsed, which lead the company to focus on projects with secured funding, i.e. mainly regional infrastructure projects funded by foreign loans & investments (ADB and World Bank).
- Under these challenging circumstances, the strategy developed in 1986-1989 to expand into regional infrastructure projects paid off and allowed the company to survive.
Recovery and Entered regional projects
- NKE was able to fully recover thanks to the Regional Autonomy Policy, through which the government gave priority and focused on infrastructure development in Indonesia’s regional areas.
- Thanks to the earlier strategy to operate across multiple regions, rather than only in Jakarta and on the Island of Java, the company became the best positioned private construction company to participate in the regional projects initiated by the Autonomy Policy. The company expanded the operational areas, built infrastructure and develop projects across the region from Java up to Sumatra, Riau, Nias, Natuna, Kalimantan and Sulawesi.
- Signature projects included:
Religious Centre in Natuna
Hasanuddin Airport in East Kalimantan.
Grand Indonesia Complex in Jakarte - The largest commercial development in Indonesia at the time.
Initial Public Offering with IDX ticker "DGIK"
- On the 19th of December of 2007 roughly 1.7 billion shares out of a total of 5.5 billion shares were floated on the ‘Bursa Efek Indonesia’ at a nominal price of IDR 225 per share.
- The IPO represented a total value of IDR 375 Billion, equivalent to roughly USD 50 million.
- Lead underwriters: PT CLSA Indonesia and PT Dinamika Usahajaya.
- Ticker Symbol: DGIK
Entered mining infrastructure construction
- Commencement of mining infrastructure operations at the Martabe Gold Mine in Batang Toru, North Sumatera.
- Due to timely delivery and high quality of works, the company has continuously been awarded consecutive assignments from the mining operation.
- Works delivered at the Martabe Gold mine are held up to the standards of foreign contractors as Leighton & Thies.
International market expansion
- The company expanded Internationally by opening representative offices in Brunei and Timor Leste.
Diversification to energy sector
- Diversification of business activities into the energy sector, including renewable energy.
Establishment of subsidiaries to support long term growth strategy
- Incorporation of Duta Graha Arabia, further international expansion to capture the opportunities in Saudi Arabia.
- Incorporation of PT Inti Duta Energi, which engages in renewable energy related business, particularly by developing hydro-electric power facilities.
The company changed the name to “Nusa Konstruksi Enjiniring”
- Appointment of Mr A.M. Hendropriyono as President Commissioner to enhance oversight on Corporate Governance.
- Re-structuring of Board of Directors, reducing the amount of Directors from 8 to 3 people.
- Implementation of a new strategy geared towards Energy, Resources & Real Estate.
- Name change to become PT Nusa Konstruksi Enjiniring Tbk.